ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Marketing Executive (B2B) (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission for science.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
With more than nineteen million members, ResearchGate is uniquely placed to connect companies and institutions that are looking to hire or market to scientists and researchers with their target audiences. The aim of this role is to work with partners in ResearchGate’s commercial teams to design and execute effective, integrated go-to-market initiatives in line with business objectives.
As a Marketing Executive you will report to the Head of Commercial Operations and work closely with sales and product teams to ensure we effectively create and execute communication plans that prove the value of our products and commercial offerings to customers in order to ultimately drive growth within our existing businesses.
Find out more about ResearchGate’s Scientific Recruitment Solutions and Marketing Solutions businesses.
- In partnership with stakeholders from product and go-to-market teams, craft an annual marketing plan that builds from the business strategy.
- Execute the marketing plan within the year in collaboration with key functions ensuring effective go-to-market initiatives and on-time, high-quality delivery of said initiatives.
- Clearly articulate product value positions and our respective commercial offerings for customers.
- Define, track, and analyze relevant marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) and leverage them to optimize our marketing activities.
- Own marketing communications related to quarterly initiatives across owned, earned, and paid channels, including the development of effective sales and marketing collateral.
- Generate customer and market intelligence to understand market trends and customer needs and pain points so that we can further optimize our offerings.
- Experience in business-to-business marketing and communications in digital verticals.
- Proven track record in a highly execution-oriented role in a business-to-business environment.
- Strong skills in product positioning and marketing, ideally with successful experience in product and feature launches.
- Ability to write impeccably in English across various formats in line with brand guidelines, including one-pagers, blog posts, social media copy, and sales collateral.
- Ability to lead without formal authority in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in performance marketing is a plus but not required.
- Experience in the online advertising sector is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience collaborating within a matrix structure would be advantageous.
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).