ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Community Experience Specialist (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we’re an international team working together to improve the way researchers can collaborate and communicate, for scientific advancement. Our mission is to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our Community Experience team is much more than a support team. We help members get the most from ResearchGate by responding to their technical issues, educating members and advocating on their behalf. We spend most of our days resolving users’ problems and communicating with them directly. We also gather insights from our interactions with users to support our Product development teams when improving features or building new products.
Objective of the Role
Community Experience Specialists assist researchers who contact us for support using ResearchGate. This can include simple troubleshooting issues, investigating and reporting bugs and handling copyright issues, among others. We think about how we can improve our reporting channels, how we prioritize and respond to issues, and how to develop better policies and communications with those who use the site. We work closely with our legal team as well as other product and communications teams.
- Assist members by resolving their issues efficiently
- Create detailed technical/legal tickets when required
- Document our decisions and learnings
- Create and update our support/educational content
- Investigating complicated issues and searching for relevant past examples to aid decision-making
- Help establish, implement & continuously optimize new and existing workflows for managing inbound issues
- Stay up-to-date with the product development on the platform and to maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of our members and how they use the platform
- Experience in a similar support or customer service role
- Excellent language and communications skills, in spoken and written form / Native English level or equivalent
- Previous experience with Zendesk is a strong plus
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Interest in user experience and good product sense
- Comfortable with (or willingness to learn) SQL for querying our internal database
- Accustomed to working in a team setting, but able to focus on individual work as well
- Ability to work well remotely
- You support our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all, and are particularly passionate about how information and knowledge is shared online
- You’re technically savvy and interested in
- You enjoy helping people
- You’re a problem solver
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re based in the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.