ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Sales Manager, DACH (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Germany (Berlin or remote working)
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
Not a scientist or researcher? Never heard of us? That’s okay.
Accelerating science is what drives us – we've built a platform that gives the world's scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 20 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research. Our investors include Bill Gates, Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust and Four Rivers Group.
Objective of the Role
As Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving the success of our DACH region, selling our recruitment solution products to both academic and corporate recruiters, of all company sizes. You will own a revenue goal and the overall strategy for the region, and have an opportunity to drive impact within your market.
As part of our dynamic Scientific Talent Global Sales team, you will work collaboratively with other functions (Marketing, Sales Operations) to drive the success of your market and the overall team. You will be responsible for at least one direct report, who will work closely with you to grow the DACH Market.
Find out more about our Scientific Talent products here.
- Develop and own a sales strategy for the DACH Market in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Grow a new client portfolio and deepen existing relationships at a senior level.
- Utilize reporting for the market to analyze business trends, and create outreach tactics based on insights.
- Provide detailed revenue forecasts to relevant stakeholders within the business.
- Work cross functionally to achieve client objectives and solve challenges.
- Own the implementation of strategic account growth planning, alongside the account manager.
- At least 3 years experience in a full-funnel sales role is required, with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Experience in selling recruitment solutions, ad technology, or SaaS products is a plus.
- Demonstrated accountability of a revenue goal.
- Experience managing a direct report is preferred.
- Fluent in German (native-level), but with excellent command of English (business-level).
- Experience working with Office products (Word, Sheets etc.) and CRM software, Salesforce preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - hunger is a must have!
- Well developed analytical skills, particularly when it comes to prioritization, to maximise business objectives.
- Comfortable with presenting to senior and executive leadership (both internal and external).
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.